Vision & Guiding Principles
This vision and guiding principles established by the partners are:
The Lake Superior Headwaters Sustainability Partnership establishes an inclusive and intentional framework for how and where we work to achieve a thriving estuary landscape and community. The principles of sustainability, resiliency, and equity guide our approach to managing our natural resources by including economic development and community health and well-being considerations.
In order to achieve this vision, we need to:
- Take a holistic approach to protecting and restoring the natural resources of the St. Louis River Estuary and surrounding watersheds that can be scaled up geographically over time,
- Build and improve the existing capacity and processes that enable us to work collaboratively,
- Work to improve ecological integrity and resiliency while furthering a sustainable relationship between humans and the environment,
- Incorporate human community needs and provide access to ecosystem services in an equitable manner,
- Develop trust and legitimacy in our efforts through knowledge sharing and effective facilitation, and
- Proactively identify emerging issues that may negatively impact achieving a healthy and thriving landscape.